Let’s put that Honey Rhum to good use with a Festive Eggnog Rhum Colada!
This recipe is so you can have seconds… OR if you are entertaining and want to share 😂
Here is what you will need:
3/4 cup Burwood Honey Rhum
3 cups whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
3 cinnamon sticks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon dried nutmeg
1 cup pineapple juice
8-10 pineapple wedges
3 heaped Tablespoons soft brown sugar
5 eggs, separated
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
sprinkled cinnamon for decoration (optional)
1. Add the milk, cream, cinnamon, vanilla extract and nutmeg to a saucepan. Bring to a gentle bubble over medium heat, then turn off the heat and leave to cool to room temperature.
2. Pour the pineapple juice into a small saucepan, bring to a boil, then simmer on medium heat until reduced by two-thirds. Allow it to cool
3. Preheat a skillet to medium heat. Dust the pineapple wedges in the brown sugar and place them in the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the sugar starts to caramelize, then turn over and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
4. Place the egg yolks, granulated sugar and reduced pineapple juice in a large bowl. Whisk for 1-2 minutes, until lightly creamy. Place a sieve over the bowl, and slowly pour in the milk, whisking a few times during pouring, until the mixture is combined. Stir in the Burwood Honey Rhum.
5. Just before you’re ready to serve, whisk the egg whites to the soft peaks stage. Add the egg whites to the bowl with the milk/rum mixture. Gently fold in until there are no lumps.
6. Serve with the caramelized pineapple chunks and sprinkle with toasted coconut. You could also serve with sprinkled cinnamon to decorate if you like.